Emergency Reporting (ER) is proud to offer NEMSIS 3 reporting to the State of Florida. There are some dependencies that could factor into your decision on whether or not to upgrade your account at this time:
- You must have already purchased our EMS Package or Fire and EMS Package to be eligible for an upgrade. If you don’t currently have Emergency Reporting ePCR but would like to learn more, please contact our sales team.
- Watch the NEMSIS 3 setup video HERE to fully understand the migration process. Please note that once you are converted to NEMSIS 3, there is NO way to go back to NEMSIS 2.
- If you do not use medical billing with ER, we will be able to proceed with your upgrade. If you do use medical billing with ER, we will want to speak to you/your biller to verify whether or not they can accept NEMSIS 3 data. If they are not able to accept NEMSIS 3 data, they will need to work to do so until our billing export will work for your agency.
*Note: If you have a medical biller, we will need you/them to fill out our medical billing questionnaire. We will ask you to do this if needed, upon receiving your request.
- You will need to complete our in-depth setup once the switchover occurs in order to be able to export valid NEMSIS 3 data to your state agency/data manager.
- You will need to be prepared for more fields that encompass NEMSIS 3 than you are used to with NEMSIS 2. While we strive to make the interface as easy to use as possible there are more requirements due to how NEMSIS data reporting is structured.
Important: Your agency will need to acquire a username and password for NEMSIS 3 submissions. To get this information, you’ll need to fill out the Data Sharing and User Agreement forms. Please send the completed forms to email@example.com. Once you have received your username and password, forward this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get your department set up:
- Designate at least one fire department administrator from your department.
- Have that person fill out and submit the form available by clicking here, or click on the “Request upgrade to NEMSIS 3” button.
If you aren’t currently using our ePCR product but would like to learn more about it, please click here.